Financial Aid FAQs | York College of Pennsylvania (2024)

Read our Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some of the most common questions we hear from students and parents when it comes to financial aid. If your question isn't answered below, contact our Financial Aid Office by calling 717.815.1282 or by emailing

Please visit If you haven't already done so, create an account. If any outstanding requirements exist, they will be listed here.

There may be a few reasons as to why you have not yet received a financial aid package.

  1. Have your completed the FAFSA for the coming year?
    • If yes, see below.
    • If no, please complete your FAFSA by visiting
  2. If you have completed the FAFSA did you provide all requested documents to the financial aid office?
  3. Have you registered for courses in the coming fall semester?
    • A financial aid package will not be provided until you have registered for courses. All financial aid packages will assume full-time enrollment, so aid could change if you will not be enrolled full-time.
  4. Are you meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements?
    • If not, please see the FAQ on Financial Aid Suspension.

We are working each day to provide financial aid packages to as many student as possible and we thank you for your patience as this is a manual undertaking for our office staff.

Satisfactory Academic Progress RequirementsComplete the FAFSAStudentForms

Subsidized Loans are loans for undergraduate students with financial need, as determined by your cost of attendance minus expected family contribution and other financial aid (such as grants or scholarships). Subsidized Loans do not accrue interest while you are in school at least half-time or during deferment periods.

Unsubsidized Loans are loans for both undergraduate and graduate students that are not based on financial need. Eligibility is determined by your cost of attendance minus other financial aid (such as grants or scholarships). Interest is charged during in-school, deferment, and grace periods. Unlike a subsidized loan, you are responsible for the interest from the time the unsubsidized loan is disbursed until it’s paid in full.

The bill will post on the student's account during the first full week of July, prior to the start of Fall semester. The fall bill is due July 31. For spring, bills generally go out in early December and are due the first week in January.

If you have already accepted your Federal Student Loan offer(s) on the YCPWeb (directions to accept are included in your financial aid packet), then you may need to complete a Promissory Note and/or Entrance Counseling at Once all of these requirements have been completed, student loans can be applied to a student's account.

If you have recently applied for a federal PLUS loan or a private student loan, please be patient as adding loans during peak processing periods can take some time. If it has been more than 3 weeks since your application was approved and you still do not see the credit on your e-bill, you may email the Financial Aid Office at for more information.

Students can create a parent account for proxy access to obtain important information that pertains to the student. Through the parent proxy account, parents can access information including warning grades, final grades, pay deposits, and view/pay e-bills.

You may be looking at the "Overview Screen" instead of the e-bill. Be sure to click on "statements", then click on "view statements", and select the most recent date.

We recommend going to York College's page, select your program/type of student you will be. Click "next" then "view loans"

On this page you will get a breakdown of different lenders. You are able to sort the lenders based on what you're looking for in your loan!


For more information about what this loan is, how it works, and to fill out an application go to

There are a number of places you can go to look for outside scholarships. Along with the websites listed below we recommend talking with your school counselor for additional scholarship opportunities.

Paying e-bills online:

  1. Sign into your my.ycp account
  2. Click on the e-bill icon
  3. Select "Make a Payment" at the bottom of the screen which will pull up the amount due
    • This is where you change the amount, if needed; click "continue" when ready.
  4. Select the payment type and click "Continue"
  5. Enter a checkmark in the "I acknowledge.." box, then click on "Continue"
  6. Review the payment information and amount; if everything looks correct, click on "Pay"

YCPweb is for students, however in order for parents to access the YCPweb, they must complete parent proxy and the complete necessary documentation to protect FERPA laws.

The monthly installment plan enables parents and students to budget all or a portion of the semester costs into 3 or 4 payments each semester. The plan is offered at a cost of $35 per semester. No interest is charged. Enrollment must be completed by the end of drop/add period of each semester.

To sign up for the payment plan, go to your


account, select the e-bill icon, and then select "Payment Plans".

PA State Grant Eligibility Requirements:

  • Need-based.
  • Must be Pennsylvania resident.
  • Must be enrolled at least half-time.
  • Amount changes annually.
  • Repayment: None
  • Application Procedure: Pennsylvania residents should file their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • Deadline: May 1.

Requirements for Maintaining Eligibility:

  • Full-time students must successfully complete a minimum of 24 credits per academic year to receive grant for subsequent year.

Unfortunately, no. However, YCP does offer $1,000 institutional out-of-state assistance grants to the following residents: Maryland, Delaware, District of Columbia, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Florida.

Requirements for Maintaining Eligibility:

  • Full-time enrollment, good academic standing, and completion of a FAFSA for each academic year

If you would like to appeal your financial aid suspension due to not maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress, please sign in to your online account at ycp.studentforms.comif you have already submitted a FAFSA. You should see a requirement on your account asking you to submit an appeal to your SAP status. If you do not see this outstanding requirement, you can request an appeal by clicking on the "Manage Requests" button on the upper right portion of the account page.

If you have not yet submitted a FAFSA, please complete your FAFSA at and then create your online account at ycp.studentforms.comfive days after FAFSA submission. Once your FAFSA is completed and your online account created with studentforms, you may request an appeal by clicking on the "Manage Requests" button on the upper right portion of the account page. By selecting an appeal for Satisfactory Academic Progress an online form will be created for your completion and submission. All appeals will be reviewed by committee and decisions made available online.

Complete the FAFSAStudentFormsSatisfactory Academic Progress Requirements

Financial Aid FAQs | York College of Pennsylvania (2024)
Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Rev. Leonie Wyman

Last Updated:

Views: 6197

Rating: 4.9 / 5 (79 voted)

Reviews: 86% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Rev. Leonie Wyman

Birthday: 1993-07-01

Address: Suite 763 6272 Lang Bypass, New Xochitlport, VT 72704-3308

Phone: +22014484519944

Job: Banking Officer

Hobby: Sailing, Gaming, Basketball, Calligraphy, Mycology, Astronomy, Juggling

Introduction: My name is Rev. Leonie Wyman, I am a colorful, tasty, splendid, fair, witty, gorgeous, splendid person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.